Slektsforum Slektsforum
DIS-Norge

HjelpHjelp    SøkSøk     Logg InnLogg Inn  Bli medlemBli DIS medlem  engelsk
Hvordan logge på? Les her om registrering og pålogging.
Start nytt emne    
Vis forrige emne :: Vis neste emne  
Av Innlegg
Skjult navn

Ble registrert: 14 Jan 2007 10:00:14

InnleggSkrevet: 15 Jan 2007 23:14:16    Tittel: john akman andersen(eriksen) Svar med Sitat

Looking for info. on john akman ANDERSEN,born in Norway on 26 July,1851.He was said to have "jumped ship" in New Zealand some time before 10 august 1875(date of his marriage to Margaret Jones in Wellington,NZ.)May have been in Lyttleton,NZ. before his marriage.

He was a sailor.One of his daughters is thought to have said that he changed his name from Eriksen(Carl?) to andersen after he jumped ship.

hHe died 16 April,1897 in Wellington.Full deails of his NZ family available.

Trev.Valler. New Zealand.
Til Toppen
Vis Medlemmets Profil Send Privat Melding
Skjult navn

Ble registrert: 19 Okt 2004 05:54:43

InnleggSkrevet: 31 Jan 2007 22:48:39    Tittel: Re: john akman andersen(eriksen) Svar med Sitat

Hi Trev,

I have tried to find some information about your John Akman Andersen without success. There appears to be great uncertainty about his real name in Norway and where in Norway he has his roots. The birth date might be something to focus on. However, statistically about 50 boys were born every day in 1851 in Norway. The church records will be available online before the end of the year, but some church records are lost for ever. A better approach might be to identify potential candidates in the 1865 census born in 1851 and check if some of them were born on the right date, but also that will be quite a task as long as the name is uncertain. The names John, Carl, Eriksen and Andersen are very common in Norway and will generate a large number of potential candidates.

The name Akman is not found in the 1865 census. However, there are several with Ekman as surname, but none born in 1851.

Maybe someone else has a suggestion on how to find this man or do you have any additional information on him?
Til Toppen
Vis Medlemmets Profil Send Privat Melding Besøk Medlemmets Nettside
Skjult navn

Ble registrert: 19 Okt 2004 05:54:43

InnleggSkrevet: 01 Aug 2008 21:12:04    Tittel: Re: john akman andersen(eriksen) Svar med Sitat

John Akman Anderson is recorded in the New Zealand Society og Genealogy's (NZGS) Index V. 5. The NZGS Certificates Collection has him registered 09.07.1881 in Foxton. Since he is registered as John Akman Anderson, he is probably more likely from Sweden than Norway.
Til Toppen
Vis Medlemmets Profil Send Privat Melding Besøk Medlemmets Nettside
Vis Innlegg fra:   
Start nytt emne Alle klokkeslett er EET (Europa)
Side 1 av 1

Gå til:  
Du kan ikke starte nye emner i dette forumet
Du kan ikke svare på emner i dette forumet
Du kan ikke endre dine egne innlegg i dette forumet
Du kan ikke slette dine egne innlegg i dette forumet
Du kan ikke laste opp filer til dette forumet
Du kan ikke laste ned filer fra dette forumet